Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thing 9---The Blog

I spent a fair amount of time viewing SlideShare, feeling like a kid who made ANOTHER new discovery (the first one was Google Docs). It was not difficult to embed the slide show, but I didn't see an option to restrict related URLs like the example in our moodle. Is that unusual or did I miss something?

Well, anyway, I think this is an excellent tool for a teacher to illustrate a lesson in any subject. However, if students were to use this, they would obviously need prior knowledge to know HOW to use it because there just isn't enough time to learn those skills in the regular classroom.

The basic skills we've used in Web 2.0 should really be part of the Computer/Tech class. (Does anyone know if these things are taught?) Individual accounts could be set up and students could practice accessing the different 'tech tools' so they COULD be implemented in the classroom. Of course, these activities would be geared for the upper elementary, middle school, or high school levels and should be supervised to avoid inappropriate material.

1 comment:

  1. I had trouble finding the right button to limit access, too. I just kept going back and trying everything I could see and I eventually got it. I did have to post and delete a couple of times before I got it right. Once I did it, it seemed very easy.

    ReplyDelete